Table to Table rule issue

we have a datamasking table -table rule in which the table contains 750 Million records.The rule is not at all masking the data for more that one day.
It is not started to mask any data.Can anyone help me to resolve the issue ASAP.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @arungk thank you for your post - I know we've spoken before about getting Masking Rules to work and we exchanged some emails around this too.
    I've seen you've also posted about a substitution rule on the forums, are these rules in the same Masking Set?
    Would you be able to email the Masking Set and Logs from the failed run to me please so that I can take a look for you?
    Thank you very much.
  • arungkarungk Posts: 10 New member
    hi dOCTOClone 
    These two rules are part of same dataset. We are not able to send you the masking set because of security reason.

The subastitution rule is masking two columns.

The error showing is insufficient data in the dataset as I posted.
  • Hi @arungk
    Thank you for coming back on this - the Masking Set is just XML and is configuration only and does not store any sensitive information (so that in cases like this they can be shared).
    If though you would still not be happy sharing these are you able to at least email me the logs from the tool so I can see where it's going wrong, please?
    My best guess without looking at this is that you have "Unique Values Only" set on your substitution rule and this means that there aren't enough values to mask all of your fields. Whether you wish to have this box ticked though can vary on what column specifically you're masking. If it's something like First Names, for which the set has around 4,000 values, then there's no reason to have this checked as many people share the same first name.
    Are you able to provide some more information on this please, so that I may better assist?
    Thank you very much.
    dOCTOClone

Thanks Again!!!,

The resolution you suggested may work for one rule ie,substitution.

For the Table-table I didnt have any resolution.
    I will send the masking set 
    on 'chris.unwin@red-gate.com' mail ID.
    Please confirm this is the mail id.
    In that masking set we have issues on rule numbers 01-0023 and 01-0012.

• Hi @arungk
    Thank you for that - yes that is the correct email address - I look forward to receiving your masking set.
    hi dOCTOClone 

Thanks for  the reply!!
    These two rules are part of same dataset. We are not able to send you the masking set because of security reason.

The substitution rule is masking two columns.

The error showing is insufficient data in the dataset as I posted.In the logs also the same error is showing.