Options

Option to Format on same the compare pane of the GetLatest screen using the sam Formating Style

Using the "SQL Source Control" when doing GetLatest It gives you a compare pane in the bottom of the screen which is very helpful to see what changed. The Problem is if the person submitting the change used a different " Formatting Style" it would be hard to see what actually changed because what actually changed is lost in the formatting change (We use Sql Prompt formatting).
But if there is an option to format the script to the same "Formatting Style" just temporary for the screen so that we can see what changed that would be very helpful. My question is is there such a feature or is there any plan of such?

Hope I Explained my question well otherwise I can clearify

Best Answer

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi IsaacT,
    Thank you for your forum post.

Sadly there is no feature in SQL Source Control to format the T-SQL syntax in the SQL Differences Viewer.

If this is a feature you would like to see be added to SQL Source Control, please submit a suggestion using the User Voice forum for SQL Source Control, using this link.

The User Voice forum  is the best place to submit feature suggestions / improvement for SQL Source Control.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com

Answers