How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Unable to install the current Version of SQL Monitor

2»

Answers

• Options
    markonpeakmarkonpeak Posts: 8 New member
    Installed 9.0.7 and confirmed that it fixed the base monitor issue for me
  • Options
    DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    Same here.  The base monitor installation finally succeeded on a 2012 repository with the 9.0.7 release.  I still have four more base monitors to update, but I am optimistically hopeful that it will succeed on them as well.
  • Options
    Good stuff, sorry for the inconveniences caused.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    JabirJabir Posts: 2 New member
    Hi All,

We are trying to upgrade our Red Gate Sqlmon from 7.0 to 10.1 yesterday but we are facing issue while Base Monitor is getting upgraded , we are facing the following error , can someone help us with the resolution.

we are using Windows Server 2012 R2 OS. we are seeing similar issue with version 10.0 and 9.2, we tried to do a fresh installation with version 10.1 but same error appears, we have to rollback our upgrade and revert back to version 7 which we are using previously.

Thanks,
    Jabir
  • Options
    Try renaming the %programdata%\Red Gate\SQL Monitor folder and re-run the installer.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    MoggusMoggus Posts: 2 New member
    edited November 9, 2021 2:57PM
    Hi all,
    I'm seeing the same error message when trying to upgrade our installation of SQL Monitor from 10.1.3.30084 to either 12.0.3.17847 or 12.0.0.17372. We are running Windows 2012R2 on that box and the Database is located on a different SQL 2016 Server. I've even tried to rename the ProgramData Folder as suggested but still no joy. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Markus

Update: when trying to start the "SQL Monitor Base Monitor Service" manually the following message get logged in the Application log: 
    "Description: A .NET application failed.
    Application: RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe
    Path: S:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\BaseMonitor\RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe
      An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.deps.json) was not found:
        package: 'Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces', version: '1.0.0'
        path: 'lib/netstandard2.1/Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces.dll'"
  • Options
    MoggusMoggus Posts: 2 New member
    Sorted: downloading the package from here https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces/#dotnet-cli and placing the requested dll in the BaseMonitor Folder fixed the issue for me. Not sure why this was neccessary
  • Options
    nyahrogahnnyahrogahn Posts: 2 New member
    edited July 27, 2023 3:41PM
    From mr mine
    I will take a look at the link you attached. Maybe it's still working fine.