unexpected null value when viewing commit/get latest tabs after large commit

I created and committed a large migration script with SQL Source Control 7.0.6.  It does appear that my scirpt committed successfully, as I have nothing left uncommitted on the migrations tab and I can see and edit my migration script.  However, when the commit finished, I received an error (listed below).  I've tried everything - unlinking/relinking the database, restarting my machine, reinstalling SQL Source Control.  But, I still get the error.  Any suggestions on what to try next?

An unexpected null value has been found while running postprocessing operations on the script database. Please ensure the script database is consistent. If the problem persists, please contact Redgate support.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @mrubik,

I found an error report for you and it appears to be an issue with a table script in the repository using a partition and either a partition function or partition scheme related to that is not present in the repository as well.

Was the migration script covering changes to a table created on a specific partition or is there any entry related to partitioning that might not have a related partition function or scheme in the repository?

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • mrubikmrubik Posts: 2 New member
    Many tables were changed by my script. I do not believe any used partitions. Does the error point to a specific table?
  • Hi @mrubik,

Unfortunately it did not specify a table.  Since you are supported I'll create a ticket so I can retrieve the migration script (if you are able to share it) and also get the log files from SQL Source Control to see if is anything further i can find therein.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi all,

For anyone else that may hit a similar issue, this was down to an incorrect .sql file in the repository - it only had ALTER FULLTEXT INDEX remaining in the file, without any related table.  We're not quite sure how this would have happened - I wasn't able to reproduce this when deleting a table that had a full text index on it.

We have also seen this occur in relation to partition schemes missing when there is a table that relies on them.

Hope that helps someone in the future!

Kind regards,
    Alex