No text matches after upgrade to SSMS 14 and SQL Search 3.2.3.2230

dcpeterdcpeter Posts: 3 New member
Until recently, I used a previous version of SSMS and SQL Search without problem on the same database.
 After upgrade, no TEXT matches are returned for the contents of Stored Procedures and Functions; it only returns matches on Name and Column.  The search is set to All Object Types and Matches on All for a single database. Reindexing changes nothing. Clearing out the index files under AppData changes nothing. The error that appears repeatedly in the log file is "Failed to get the object hierarchy".
Tagged:

Answers

  • Are you connecting to a non/untrusted domain machine using SQL Auth by any chance? Can you attach the whole log?
    Kind regards

    Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • dcpeterdcpeter Posts: 3 New member
    I am not connecting to a non-trusted domain.
    The log is attached.
  • sqlgardensqlgarden Posts: 4 New member
    edited February 12, 2019 7:04PM
    deleted because the thing I am experiencing isn't entirely the same after all.
  • @dcpeter

    Do you remember which version did you upgrade from? Can you downgrade to this version? Does it give you the same issue?
    Kind regards

    Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • dcpeterdcpeter Posts: 3 New member
    I was previously using version 2.2.  I removed version 3.2.  I downloaded 2.2 and attempted to install.  The installer would not install it (greyed out check box) and gave no explanation.  I tried the same with version 2.3 and got the same inability to install. I then jumped to the latest version 2: 2.4.4.  I was able to install it.  Without any other adjustments, it is working as expected: it once again finds results in the text of stored procedures and functions and displays them.
  • Tianjiao_LiTianjiao_Li Posts: 684 Rose Gold 5
    edited February 18, 2019 9:52AM
    @dcpeter

    Thanks for the tests! I'm still not able to reproduce the issue in version 3.2.3. Would you be able to provide a snapshot or a cut down version of your database?
    Kind regards

    Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • jamaljamal Posts: 42 Bronze 2
    edited January 15, 2020 9:17PM
    hi, I experienced the same behavior. 
    1. upgraded sql search from v2.x to 3.x (also within SSMS14)
    2. rebooted
    3. sql search displayed no results no matter what search I attempted (a very different behavior than in the past - I've used this for many years).
    4. I uninstalled sql search
    5. I upgraded sql prompt from 9.0 ish to 9.5.23
    6. I reinstalled sql search 3.2.1
    7. Sql search now returns results
    One thing I noticed, when upgrading from sql search 2, the installer placed sql search 3 content into the sql search 2 path.  When I reinstalled sql search 3 from scratch, it placed its content into the sql search 3 path.  I'm not sure if this is the/part of the issue or not.  Sorry I did not keep better track of version numbers.
    James
Sign In or Register to comment.