How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Multiple Base Monitors and configuring alerts and notifications.

We are running SQL Monitor V9.0.1. We have 2 Base Monitors defined and a single dashboard. I have been looking to see what needs to be configured and where. I have read that the Overview page works by collecting the data and joining it together with a union between the 2 repositories. 

That said i can see the drop down controls on the Groups, Alerts, Custom Alerts and Notifications config sections. 

I have been working on the assumption that these need to be defined the same for all base monitors. Has someone had experience in setting these up correctly? I have gone through the alerts we use on our main base monitor. I have applied the same thresholds and alert settings for the the same default alerts and custom metrics on our 2nd base monitor. I have defined the same groups for each so that no matter which base monitor you view the server groups are the same. Our primary base monitor is connected to our traditional VM estate while the 2nd base monitor, due to networking is connected to our managed instance estate within azure. I am using different groups at the moment for VMs and Managed Instances. 

I would appreciate any guidance from anyone on the correct way to define these configurations between the different base monitors. 

Many Thanks.
Tagged: