Options

Unable to run the application From IIS Express - ASP.NET

Using ANTS Memory Profile 10.1 Unable to run the application From IIS Express - ASP.NET. it is throwing the error 

Could not load file or assembly 'IBM.Data.DB2' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

If the application is running from visual studio 2015 it is working

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4

Hi @Swami_Satti!

I believe we have a ticket open with you regarding this, so I'm just summarizing the details here:

From the IBM website I found an article with a similar error (https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21902663) , I recommended having "Copy local" set to true, but I realized I misread that and the value should be set to false. Can you kindly set this back to false if you haven't already?

As the error has remained, I've found another suggestion from the ibm site which says the issue may be related to bitness: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks@Swami_Satti /community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014635027

Can you please try enabling "run application as 32-bit" to see if that resolves this?

If not, can I check-- do you have any environment variables set for when it runs in Visual Studio? Properties>Debug>Environment variables

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Just updating the post here: Swami was able to resolve this by making the dll Copy local to false and enabling the "run application as 32-bit" option.

@Swami_Satti! :)

• Options
    WillMWillM Posts: 1 New member
    Found this post as I am also unable to run the application using Visual Studio in debug mode, using IIS Express. 
    This didn't answer my problem. 
    Running ANTS Performance Profiler 10.1
    Bottom status bar states: Launching 'Chrome' but never completes (attaches). So no metrics are displayed. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @WillM!

It sounds like a different issue you may be running into. The profiler should say Connected and start displaying metrics once the application loads the .NET Framework. Does your IIS Express site immediately load .NET?