SQL Clone installation error.

While installing SQL Clone, I receive the exception: Failed to open http://serverName:14145/.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi ravi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There might be some more detail (including the nature of the error) about this issue in your machine's application event log.

Could you tell us which version of SQL Clone you're trying to install?

Thanks!

Owen
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • ravi_loboravi_lobo Posts: 7 New member
    I downloaded the 14 day trial version from the below link. I think it is the latest version. 
    https://www.red-gate.com/dynamic/products/dba/sql-clone/download
  • Thanks! That ought to be fine. Best bet is to check the application event log for errors, in that case. You can access that by hitting Win-R and running eventvwr, then accessing Windows Logs, and Application. Look for anything under the SQL Clone Server Setup source.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi ravi,

We've done some internal investigation and have been able to reproduce the issue on a machine with .NET v4.6.2 installed.

There's a couple of options that fall out of that. You can either:

1) update .NET to v4.7.2 on the machine where you're trying to install Clone Server, or
    2) install SQL Clone 3.0.7, which will resolve this issue without needing to update .NET (but you'll have to wait for us to release it, because the latest released version is still 3.0.6 :) )

Thanks for reporting this!

Owen
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi again - SQL Clone 3.0.7 has just been released, and should fix this issue for you.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    Thank you so much Owen. I'm little tied up right now. I'll try your options either today evening or tomorrow morning. Thank you again. 
    Owen, Thank you so much. I did install the latest version of SQL clone. 
    I made some progress. Though I got an error, I could access the dashboard from: http://servername:14145/dashboard. However, I'm getting a new error while installing Clone Agent. Something to do with the .Net framework. I'll do some investigation. Following is the exception: 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2018-12-14 08:13:00Z | SQL Clone agent installer bootstrap version 3.0.7.14330
    2018-12-14 08:13:00Z | Status update: 
    2018-12-14 08:13:00Z | Prompt (isError = False): SQL Clone Agent requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later. Would you like us to install it for you?

If you choose No, SQL Clone Agent will not be installed.
    2018-12-14 08:13:04Z | Prompt was answered True
    2018-12-14 08:13:04Z | Status update: Preparing...
    2018-12-14 08:13:04Z | Status update: Downloading .NET Framework 4.7.2...
    2018-12-14 08:13:05Z | Status update: Installing .NET Framework 4.7.2...
    2018-12-14 08:13:11Z | Prompt (isError = True): Install of .NET Framework 4.7.2 failed.

Technical details: Asia

Open log?
    2018-12-14 08:13:15Z | Prompt was answered True
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Not a lot to go on! While the SQL Clone Server doesn't currently need .NET 4.7.2, the Agent service does, and will ask you if you're happy for it to download and install that version if it's not already installed. It sounds like this time it wasn't able to, possibly due to network difficulties.

Does the machine have access to the Internet? What happens if you try to install .NET 4.7.2 yourself?
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    I installed .Net 4.7.2 manually. After that everything worked perfectly. Thank you so much for the help.