What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

Powershell deployment slow?

Still learning and trying out SCA. Running the DeployPackage.ps1 it takes way longer than I would have expected. My database has 775 objects. I have 4 tables included with data that have less than 20 rows each. What is the normal time it takes for a deployment? The very first time I deployed to my UAT server it took about 25 mins for only 7 objects that actually changed. If I run a deployment that has no changes it takes 10 mins.

Sample output from power shell:
The database already exists. An incremental deployment will be performed.
----- executing pre-deployment script "Pre-Deployment\01_Create_Database.sql" -----
# Beginning transaction
>>>>>>It sits here for 10 mins, what is it doing??
# Committing transaction
----- executing post-deployment script "Post-Deployment\01_Finalize_Deployment.sql" -----
Deployment completed successfully.

SQL compare takes 10 secs to compare my databases and the script generated takes 5 secs to run.

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 77 Silver 3
    I have learned a couple of things to answer this myself for anyone else who may see this.

1. if you accidentally post a question flagged as a discussion it won't get an answer.
    2. The slowness was only on my laptop. Running the script on the deployment server was fast. What I was experiencing is not normal. Not sure what was affecting the speed but I would guess some security tool was blocking / slowing actions.