SQL Source Control V7.02.8677 - Link a new DB failing - Button invisible

I just updated to V7.02.8677 today and cannot link to a new database.  The link button is there but is invisible and when I click it throws an error 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'.
Has anyone else experienced this.     
Tagged:

Comments

• illusionldillusionld Posts: 1 New member
    Same issue here with same sql source control version
  • rmbudarmbuda Posts: 3 New member
    I also have the same (almost) issue with SQL Source Control v 7.0.2.8677
    On my system the Link button is visible, but linking any database always fails with the same error message reported by @Bren.

The OS is Windows 10. The error is totally repeatable on any databases on any servers choosing any source repository option. I cannot see any workaround.
  • Do you also have SQL Prompt installed? This might be a clash with older versions of SQL Prompt, and if it is, upgrading to the latest Prompt might help.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • BrenBren Posts: 3 New member
    Hi Mike,

I upgraded Sql Prompt and I am now running sql source control 7.0.2.8677 and sql prompt 9.4.5.7296. 
    There is a slight improvement in that now the button is visible but still getting the same error message  "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

• We've managed to reproduce this on our developer machines. As far as we know this issue only occurs on Windows 8 or earlier. We're currently working on a fix, which we're aiming to release this week.

For the time being, there are two ways to work around this issue. The first workaround is to install Git, and ensure it is in your PATH environment variable. The second is to temporarily uninstall SQL Prompt.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Mikiel
    Mikiel Agutu | Software Engineer | Redgate Software
  • We've just released a fix for this issue. You can get it by updating to SQL Source Control v7.0.4 via the Frequent Updates channel.
    Mikiel Agutu | Software Engineer | Redgate Software
  • khardskhards Posts: 3 New member
    Hi, can you please tell me where I will find the v7.0.4 update as I am having the same issue and can't seem to find it. My source control version is v7.0.2 but it says I'm on the most up to date version.

Thanks.
    Ah nevermind I've found it :) 
  • BrenBren Posts: 3 New member
    I have upgraded to the latest version of SQL Prompt & Source Control and there are still problems.

SQL Prompt 9.4.5.7296
    SQL Source Control 7.0.4.8725

I am still missing the buttons on the database options and when committing static data changes are not being found.

I am also getting the same as Bren.
    Bren said:
    I have upgraded to the latest version of SQL Prompt & Source Control and there are still problems.

SQL Prompt 9.4.5.7296
    SQL Source Control 7.0.4.8725

I am still missing the buttons on the database options and when committing static data changes are not being found.

• You'll be glad to know that we've just released SQL Source Control 7.0.6 to Frequent Updates which contains a fix for the invisible button problem. You'll need to enable frequent updates to see this update.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software