Expected RC for SQL Code Guard

I'm curious if/when this product will be released?  I'd like to use this product for my company but given the limitations of the preview release, I don't believe I would be able to without violating the terms of the preview licensing.  Also, will this be available in the toolbox?
Tagged:

Answers

• Sarah BSarah B Posts: 118 Silver 2
    edited October 15, 2018 3:10PM
    Hi @DavidPeak

We’ve decided to not release SQL Code Guard standalone. Instead its functionality has been integrated into SQL Prompt, which now contains new code analysis features.

Some of the benefits of Code Analysis in SQL Prompt…

Discover issues and hidden pitfalls
    As you write your code any issues are underlined with quick tips on hover, and further details when you click on the lightbulb icon.

Get clear explanations and suggestions to improve your code
    A new sidebar gives you more information about the issue and how you can fix it, plus you get links to further reading online.

Choose from a large selection of analysis rules
    Over 80 rules from SQL Code Guard are available out-of-the-box, all manageable from our options menu so you can choose which suggestions you see. We will be adding the remaining rules over the next few weeks.

I can confirm that SQL Prompt is one of the products contained within the SQL Toolbelt.
    Sarah Beckett| Customer Support| Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?