Product Suggestion: Option to add more than one script

vreelandvreeland Posts: 9
As is, unfortunately this product doesn't help me at all.

However, if it were possible to select and add more than one script to be performed in a specific sequence, then this would be a great help to me.

Any chance this might make it into a future release?

Comments

• Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, this will be considered for future releases but I am unable to comment on the likelihood of this being implemented.

It's not much of a workaround but you could use the pre and post sql script option when running the package, this would then execute 3 scripts in sequence.

Thanks.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Another possible workaround is to concatenate the scripts to each other before loading the script into SQL Packager?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Hi

I can agree with the feature suggestion.

When we release to our servers we use from 4 to 15 scripts depending on the number of features released that need to be run in a specific order. The servers are not nessisarily upgraded at the same time and we might have 2-3 different versions running. Before a script is run the database version is checked to see if the script has already been run.

So for SQL Packager to be useful we need to be able to pack more than one script in one package and to be able to append more as we release more features.

Our way of handling this is to not use SQL Packager but to use our own creation but i would prefer to have a tool for doing that.
    Regards

Lars Buch-Jepsen
    Database Engineer
    SCADA Development
    Suzlon Energy A/S