Options

ant profiling .net api

I need to profile .net api. The site using angular and .net api. The goal is to find out the method which is taking more time. Angular code is one server and api code is other server. ANTs profiler installed in the server where angular code present.So how can i profile .net api ? can i do it with end point url of service in ant profiler? is it necessary to install ants profiler in the same server where .net api code present. envirnment to profile is staging. Please suggest
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    The scenario in your first post won't work as you can't profile remotely. To profile the API you would need to install it on the server running the API.

It also depends as to how you're connecting to the API on whether or not ANTS would be able to hook into the process.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?

Answers

• Options
    chitchatchitchat Posts: 17 New member
    Also how to do Rest API profiling using ANTS
  • Options
    chitchatchitchat Posts: 17 New member
    Thanks for you response. I have installed ANts profiler in the same server where api is running.

These are .net core web api.
    so if i use the web api link for profiling no progress i cant see in the profiling.
    so i tried with dll and no browser so profiling is started. then i run the api link through soap and swagger. Bot request not making any progress in ants. How can i hook the api(.net core web api)to ants profiling . could you please suggest.....?
  • Options
    kruekrue Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    edited September 9, 2019 7:18PM
    I'm facing the same issue.  I have a customized version of identity server set up on one site, running in .NET Core, accessed via one URL (https://auth-dev2.narrpr.com, which we run in IIS and leverage the hosts file to set up the DNS name), and I have other sites on the same server that call into the identity server end-points.  I'd like to profile the identity server website.

I have been able to profile the identity server website (at least the start up portion of the application, by launching as a .NET Core Application, specifying the assembly, indicating it is a web application, starting the web application in chrome, and specifying the launch URL of https://auth-dev2.narrpr.com), but when I run the other websites (on the same server) that interact with the identity server (by making calls into https://auth-dev2.narrpr.com), none of their calls are being profiled.  The calls are succeeding, but I suspect that they are bypassing the profiled identity server app, and are calling directly into the one configured in IIS.

How do I get ANTS Performance Profiler to profile the version actually being hosted in IIS and that the other apps are calling?

(Note that even on the profiled website, on the one started by ANTS, while it profiles the app startup, links and things I click on in the website that should be tracked aren't causing any profiling to occur...  After startup, there is no profiling activity).