SQL SDK 12.3 working with SQL 2016/2017

Horizon67Horizon67 Posts: 7 New member
edited September 11, 2018 5:35PM in SQL Compare
We are looking to add support for SQL2016 but running into an error at the moment during the compare process. We are building the snapshot using SQLCompare v8.1.0.360 on a box that is running SQL 2005 and trying to deploy on a test box running Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL2016 (set as Case insensitive). I was told the SQL Comparison SDK was retired last year and that the Version SQL Compare 13 has never had an SDK release and my approach would be to try this again using version 12.3. My question now is will v 12.3 work with SQL 2016 as that is our end goal. Also if 2016 is a go would there be further changes to support SQL 2017? Thanks for your time!

RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.SqlCompareException: A duplicate object name has been found. This may occur if the SQL Server that you 
are registering is case sensitive but the case sensitive option is not set.
 ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: We don't have DMV queries available for SqlServer2008 Parameter name: ServerMajorVersion
   at #mWo.#3gOd.#bXge()
   at #mWo.#3gOd.CaseCheck()
   at #mWo.#KYo.#4np(DBPopulationOptions #1BCc)
   at #mWo.#KYo.Populate(DBPopulationOptions #YBCc)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #mWo.#KYo.Populate(DBPopulationOptions #YBCc)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.Register(ConnectionProperties connectionProperties, Options options, IDmvModelFactory factory)
   at HorizonBoss.DatabaseUpdater.DatabaseUpdater.UpdateDatabse(String zippedSnapshotFileName)