How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Why do I receive "installer has insufficient privileges to access <...>\Website\Download" ?

CraigEddyCraigEddy Posts: 36 Bronze 3
edited September 5, 2018 1:56PM in Redgate Monitor
Attempting to update to 8.0.15.15813 I am receiving this error dialog while it's "Configuring SQL Monitor Web 8". Using built-in web server.

I am logged into the machine as an admin. When I attempt to view or edit the security on that particular folder, I am not able to do so, even clicking the "get additional privilege" buttons. The other folders in Website seem to have correct permissions.

I have run the installer As Administrator and same result.

WEB SERVER

Version:8.0.14.15427 (Updates available - SQL Monitor 8.0.15)
Web Server:Microsoft-IIS/10.0
Server Name:http://STD2RD01-SQLMON:8080
Server HOST .NET:.NET 4.6.2
Server Path:C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Web\Website
Hosted Environment:64Bit
User:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Yes, that worked like a champ! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2018 4:58PM
    Tianjiao: I'm getting a similar error with SQLMonitorWeb_8.0.17.16240.exe but now it's about the C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Web\Website\Scripts folder. 

I uninstalled the SQL Monitor Web Services and tried the installer with the same result.
  • Options
    Hi @CraigEddy

Sorry for the delay.

Can you check if the current admin login user has access to the folder in questions?

Can you try to run the installer as a different admin account to see if that helps? If not, can you try to install base monitor and the web server separately?
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    @Tianjiao_Li I was able to get the Web folder deleted by first un-installing IIS Express, then deleting the folder, and then using the installer again.

I'll probably pursue using IIS soon, when I find time to get it configured on that machine.

Thanks for your help.
    Craig