Options

SQL Change Automation Error

sheldonhullsheldonhull Posts: 35 Silver 1
edited August 20, 2018 9:49PM in SQL Change Automation
Updated to the latest version of SCA and Visual Studio 2017. Opened project and noticed 4 entries in menu for SQL Prompt. When navigating to the "Get Started Menu" I get an error indicating that: "There may be a clash between versions of SQL Change Automation and SQL Prompt". Updating SQL Prompt, or disabling in VS may fix this issue."

Couldn't find anything posted in here about that, so let me know if this is a known issue with any fix eta. Prefer to keep using SQL Prompt in visual studio, so not sure why it got disabled.

In addition, got an error indicating that SCA encountered an error in XAML. 

The only thing I've done that might impact to my knowledge is I edited the csproj file with some previous flags, such as IncludeDataSync, and a few basic options that matched previous options. Are there a bunch of deprecated settings in the projects from the last year that might cause failures?

Answers

• Options
    I don't see this, running these versions:

VS 2017 - 15.6.2
    Prompt 9.2.5.6073
    SCA - latest, not sure how to check this but no updates listed.
  • Options
    sheldonhullsheldonhull Posts: 35 Silver 1
    edited August 20, 2018 9:58PM
    I moved the options 
     <IncludeObjectsInDataSync>
    and a few others I identified up to the top PropertyGroups section and the error is still occurring. Prompt also is failing to work. 
  • Options
    The same conflict of the image you posted above with Prompt or something else?
  • Options
    Will have to update tomorrow. Have an import successfully running right now. Have to test out and confirm SQL Prompt working, as I've restarted Visual Studio several times. I see SQL Prompt menu, but don't want to break my import :-)
  • Options
    Will have to update tomorrow. Have an import successfully running right now. Have to test out and confirm SQL Prompt working, as I've restarted Visual Studio several times. I see SQL Prompt menu, but don't want to break my import :-)
    Never mind, I did get the info. 
    Latest release of SCA
    Visual Studio Enterprise - 15.8.1
    SQL Prompt - Latest Release From Today Version 9.2.5.6073  -- works fine in SSMS 2017
  • Options
    I also ran into this error.  Closing VS and creating a new project again with the same settings resulted in it working, so not sure what was causing it.  VS and this extension seems to utilize resources more than expected...