Options

Out of Memory Exception

Hi, I face this problem every single time when I want to commit my data into my repository. Is there any workaround for this? The data inside the schema is really important for our system.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Andrea_AngellaAndrea_Angella Posts: 66 Silver 4
    Hi Edwin, the SQL Source Control static data table feature is not intended to be used for that number of rows. What kind of data do you need to commit to source control?

You can try to uncheck the "Check for changes to static data" option and see if that helps with performance.

Andrea Angella
    Lead Software Engineer | Red Gate
    Twitter: @angella_andrea

Answers

• Options
    edwinyeehledwinyeehl Posts: 2 New member
    The data I was trying to commit is like less than 2gb and around 10M+ rows
  • Options
    mmooremmoore Posts: 36 Bronze 4
    I am not seeing this error, but I am seeing a major performance hit.  Just to switch from a query window to the SSC tab or vise versa, it takes 5-6 seconds.  This didn't and doesn't happen in the previous release (my release is 6.3.5.8535).   The funny thing is, the two tables that show up to commit are in tables that have a few rows (3-5) and there is only 2 changes.  I mean, WOW.

Second, I don't understand the meaning behind the setting.  I mean, if you don't want static data, don't link it.  Isn't this setting kind of redundant?  Was it meant to do something else?  Because, when it is unchecked and I have static data linked, nothing shows up in the Commit/Get Latest tabs of SSC if there are differences, even if I force a check for differences.
    Mark Moore
    Software Engineer
    NTS Data Services, LLC