Options

v 13.4.5: how to ignore role definitions

kwilliamskwilliams Posts: 12 New member
given the following definition, what options need to be set to ignore the entire Create Role definition when comparing with SQL Compare 13.4.5..*?
I've played with the options and while I can get the sp_addextendedproperty line to ignore, I have no luck with anything else.

-- Role

CREATE ROLE [rbt_DB_Management]
AUTHORIZATION [dbo]
GO
-- Database Level Permissions

GRANT SHOWPLAN TO [rbt_DB_Management]
GRANT VIEW DEFINITION TO [rbt_DB_Management]
-- Extended Properties

EXEC sp_addextendedproperty N'rbt_Description', N'The purpose of this database role is to grant VIEW DEFINITION and SHOWPLAN permissions for developmental/management purposes.', 'USER', N'rbt_DB_Management', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL
GO

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    It looks like what you want to do is actually filter out the role object type? (Open the filter sidebar from the '0 objects filtered' button on the button bar, then uncheck 'Role' from the list.)

Or if you want to filter out this particular role rather than all roles, you can click on the blue pen icon that appears when you hover over the 'role' checkbox to specify name-based rules for filtering out roles.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software

Answers

• Options
    kwilliamskwilliams Posts: 12 New member
    That did it. Thanks!
    That is also un-intuitive as all-get-out as it seems that the place for the Filter is in the projects Options tab.
    Anyway thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Filters are in the main screen so that it's easier to change them and get immediate feedback - because they don't need to be considered during database registration, they can be more easily changed while looking at the comparison results than most of the other comparison-affecting project options.

I've made a note that we should consider having some kind of link from the project options dialog here, though.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software