Installed but can only see System Databases

aleclynchaleclynch Posts: 2
edited January 20, 2009 8:38AM in SQL Log Rescue
Hi,

I have just installed log rescue on my server (need to rollback my SQL SERVER 2005 Express DB after having a SQL injection incident) but when I go to create a new project I can only see the SYSTEM databases to choose from:
master
model
msdb
tempdb

I cannot see either of my two databases which i've created (and assume are the ones I need to select, seeing as they're the ones I need to repair). I've tried the different authentication methods and tried 'refresh' but no luck.

1) How do I view / connect to my actual database?

2) I have no backups of these databases. Do I need to have backups to be able to roll back? How can I check how long my transaction logs go back?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,779 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately SQL Log Rescue does NOT support any edition SQL Server 2005.

This product only supports SQL Server 2000 databases and there are no current plans to develop a version of SQL Log Rescue for SQL Server 2005.

As you are looking to recover from an incident, please take a look at the current version of SQL Data Compare Professional 7.1.

Using SQL Data Compare Pro (V.6 or higher), you can compare a live database with or against backup files and synchronize from the backup file to the live database.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]