'Medium: Non-standard Filegroups' even if they exist?

Trying to figure this out - coworker said "oh, you'll get used to it".  

Pretty much all of our databases have named filegroups - PRIMARY is meant to be system objects, we have named filegroups for indexes, tables, etc.  I just installed SQL Source Control and tried to link, and I got these Warnings about "Objects need to be created using one or more non-stnadard filegroups".  Why does this occur?  Why doesn't it check, see that yes, indeed, it matches prod, and not show these warnings?  How can I disable this?  Getting warnings over what should be a very basic operation is annoying.
Tagged:

Answers

• kalokalo Posts: 82 Bronze 5
    edited July 26, 2018 2:32PM
    Indeed, this is just source control not deployment so why does it care that much. Once acknowledged can't it remember? But yeah, i've just 'got used to it' really.
  • Hi @mbourgon @kalo

SQL Source Control always asks to acknowledge any warning that the Compare engine is generating in order to proceed with committing.

If you Ignore "Filegroups, partition schemes and partition functions" in the Comparison options, you will stop getting this warning. If not, unfortunately you need to manually accept the warning every time you commit. 
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • DeepDeep Posts: 20 Bronze 1
    Hi @mbourgon @kalo

SQL Source Control always asks to acknowledge any warning that the Compare engine is generating in order to proceed with committing.

If you Ignore "Filegroups, partition schemes and partition functions" in the Comparison options, you will stop getting this warning. If not, unfortunately you need to manually accept the warning every time you commit. 
    How do I  set it to ignore "Filegroups, partition schemes and partition functions" in the Comparison options? where is that setting. I didnt ind it is sql source control setup and options.

Thanks.