Options

Static Data Not Committing to Local Repo

I have to be on light on details due to the privacy nature of the database, but I committed a set of tables along with their static data to my local repo via SQL Source Control. All seems well except several records did not commit. I attempted to commit again with the same data edits and I received the completion prompt from SQL Source Control. But the same exact records are not being committed at all. Wondering if anyone has fix in mind or an option to help. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Andrea_AngellaAndrea_Angella Posts: 66 Silver 4
    It's hard to reply without details, unfortunately. If you have a support contract, please get in contact with support and with a proper NDA we can maybe look at your issue in more detail?

Make sure you have a valid primary key in the tables you want to add.

If I understand correctly the same rows in the same table are added and same not.

So the obvious question is, is there anything special about the excluded rows?

Also, keep in mind, this feature is designed to support only a limited amount of static data (also known as lookup or reference data). Source-controlling very large static data tables might cause SQL Source Control to time out.

Andrea Angella
    Lead Software Engineer | Red Gate
    Twitter: @angella_andrea

Answers