Options

VSTS Release Doesn't Output Scripts / Changes to Logs

samssb82samssb82 Posts: 12 Bronze 2
edited July 11, 2018 2:44PM in SQL Change Automation
I created a Release in VSTS and when the release runs I am not finding any good information on what was released in each environment.  

Prior to the upgrade I'm pretty certain it output which scripts were getting executed, etc.  Maybe it still is and I am not finding it.  This looks to be the extent of the logging I am finding:

##[section]Starting: Deploy database changes
==============================================================================
Task         : Redgate SQL Change Automation: Release
Description  : Safely deploy database changes with Redgate SQL Change Automation
Version      : 3.0.1
Author       : Redgate Software
Help         : [More Information](https://www.red-gate.com/sca/ps/help)
==============================================================================
Preparing task execution handler.
Executing the powershell script: W:\Builds\VstsModernizationReleaseAgent1\_tasks\RedgateSqlChangeAutomationRelease_c1177c17-3934-4005-ba89-a4549fe4f0a1\3.0.1\RunSqlChangeAutomation.ps1
New-DatabaseConnection, SQL Change Automation 3.0.2.2482, Copyright c Red Gate Software Ltd 2014-2018
Use of this functionality requires a SQL Toolbelt license.
If you are unsure of your current user license entitlement please contact licensing@red-gate.com
Test-DatabaseConnection, SQL Change Automation 3.0.2.2482, Copyright c Red Gate Software Ltd 2014-2018
New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact, SQL Change Automation 3.0.2.2482, Copyright c Red Gate Software Ltd 2014-2018
Use-DatabaseReleaseArtifact, SQL Change Automation 3.0.2.2482, Copyright c Red Gate Software Ltd 2014-2018
##[section]Finishing: Deploy database changes

Is there anyway to see which scripts are being deployed?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi,

By default VSTS tasks will only show errors, warnings, and the Powershell output stream in the log. We currently write the details of which scripts are being run to the verbose stream so these will not be shown. You can see these log messages by setting `System.debug` to `true` in the variables of your release.

We're having some discussion as a team at the moment about increasing the feedback shown by default during the release tasks.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software