Options

How can you determine the version of a stored procedure using command line?

We are using Red Gate version control on our system with TFS as the repository. Is there a way to programatically (or use of command line) determine the version of a stored procedure in both source control, and on a target server?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Hi @pporter,

Can you give us a bit more detail about what you mean by "version of a stored procedure". Would you be interested in knowing which revision/commit is on the target server? Or are you just interested in checking the differences between what you have in source control and the target server?

Thanks,

Diogo
  • Options
    pporterpporter Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    @Diogo, Thanks for your response.
    I would be interested in checking the differences between what we have in source control and the target server.
  • Options
    @Diogo, thanks again. This looks like the real deal, but I have one question: What, in this scenario, is the /scr1 folder switch used for? is this my repository folder on the source server? It doesn't explain it well (to my mind, at least) in the docs.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Hi @pporter .

/scr1 is your local checkout of the repository.
  • Options
    thats kind of what i thought, but I keep getting a "Error: Invalid connection database connection parameter: "URI formats are not supported.
    Invalid connection database connection parameter: URI formats are not supported."

my command line look like this:
    sqlcompare.exe /scr1:http://al-tfs:8080/tfs/afg /s2:GDC-DEV-1\SQLEXPRESS /db2:AFGWMS /u2:username /p2:password /Include:storedprocedure:Abattoir.HouseTagReserve_Select /verbose
  • Options
    NVM, i get it..."Local"