Can I hide columns in the results

I'm running Data Compare for Oracle 4.0.8.581. Is it possible to hide columns without differences after getting the results of the comparison? I don't want to edit the project to remove columns when there are no differences right now but I would like to "slim down" the report generated (like Excel lets you hide columns) so columns without differences are hidden.

The closest I've come is to manually narrow fields one at a time. When I've got a wide table with a couple of mismatched fields scattered about it would really help if they could sit nearer each other so I could more easily see if the problems are related, on the same rows, or show any kind of pattern.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Is there any reason why you can't exclude the columns from the comparison?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • cakkerscakkers Posts: 7 New member
    The main reason is timing. Every time I go into the "Tables & Views" tab Data Compare for Oracle (DCO) takes at least 30 seconds to retrieve the schema(s). I need to restart DCO every two or three comparisons.

Also, these are tables I will want to compare again and cannot expect the "good" fields to be "good" each time. This means having to either re-include the columns each time or start from scratch each time.
  • If the columns have no differences at all, and are not part of the comparison key, then you should be able to get rid of them by unchecking the "Show identical columns" option, which is found by clicking on the cog to the left of the previous/next buttons. 
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • cakkerscakkers Posts: 7 New member
    That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I can't find the cog. The only thing that looks like previous/next buttons to me have a button called "Show" to their left.

I've tried searching help for "Show identical columns" and "cog" and even "previous" but I didn't find anything useful.
  • Ah... my mistake. This isn't implemented in the Oracle version. I'll check with the team to see if this is something that could be easily added. 
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software