What is the purpose of AutomaticSchemaChange.patch in migration script?

Hi,

We are currently using migration script to deploy changes to different environments, and one thing I noticed with migration script is it generates few configuration files when it gets created. One file that I'm curious is the AutomaticSchemaChange.patch file.
The file has alot of information that has nothing to do with the change I'm making and not sure if I should be concerned with what's in that file. It has XML codes along with some database schema/data changes that I didn't make.
What's the purpose of this file? And what's all the content of the file?
Tagged:

Answers

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

The AutomaticSchemaChange.patch file contains the schema information required to create the Schema changes prior to the migration script.

If you create a deployment script using a scripts folder with migration scripts as the source, you will notice that there's a section before each migration script is deployed named "Changes before Migration Script" where all the objects that the migration script depends on are created at the state they were in when the migration script was generated.

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • saulcruzsaulcruz Posts: 19 Bronze 1
    Can you modify this file? I noticed that for us, one of them is causing the schema validation to fail.