SQL Compare - Navigation to the Webpage was cancelled

MarciaJMarciaJ Posts: 3 New member

I just installed SQL Compare 13.  When I start it, I get a window that says "Navigation to the Webpage was cancelled."  If I close that window, then SQL Compare closes.

I'm sure it's something about my PC setup.  But I don't know where to start looking.

Tagged:

Answers

• MarciaJMarciaJ Posts: 3 New member

It looks like it's related to my VPN since it works when I'm not in the VPN.  However, I need the VPN to get to the databases I want to look at.  I'll see if I can get some internal help to get around this issue.

• My guess is that SQL Compare is trying to display a licensing dialog, which allows you to start a free trial or enter a serial number to activate the product.  The licensing dialog contains a browser window which should display a page hosted by the Redgate Client, a Windows service that should be running on your computer.  It's hard to figure out what's wrong without knowing more about your VPN, Windows firewall etc - Redgate Support should be able to help you with this.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • MarciaJMarciaJ Posts: 3 New member
    My guess is that SQL Compare is trying to display a licensing dialog, which allows you to start a free trial or enter a serial number to activate the product.  The licensing dialog contains a browser window which should display a page hosted by the Redgate Client, a Windows service that should be running on your computer.  It's hard to figure out what's wrong without knowing more about your VPN, Windows firewall etc - Redgate Support should be able to help you with this.

I have two VPNs on this laptop - one that matches the domain that I log onto to get on the PC and one that I use to the database servers.  The window displays under the first VPN.  However, I need to be on the second VPN for what I'm trying to do.

I suspect that the installation used my domain and user name from my PC login, but because the two domains don't cooperate very well, I really need to be working under the domain and user name I used to access the database servers.  Is there a way to change that?