Can snippets be stored to a on premise SharePoint document library?

MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 2 New member
edited April 12, 2018 3:05PM in SQL Prompt
Can snippets be stored to a on premise SharePoint document library?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 2 New member
    So assuming Windows 10 and SharePoint 2013; the answer is to create a folder in the SharePoint document library where you want to store the snippet's, mine is called "SSMS Snippets", go to the LIBRARY tab, under the "Connect & Export" section, select "open in Explorer" then copy the address to the SQL Prompt Snippet Manager, Snippet folder.  Example, is  "\\[SharePoint url]\DavWWWRoot\teamsites\ART\SQL Snippets\SSMS snippets"

Answers

• RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @Marzipan

Thanks for your post. 

Snippets are stored within SQL Prompt itself as a part of SSMS and so this isn't possible or needed. 

You can always check the documentation pages and can search for specific terms in there if you need to find any further information. 

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp9

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • WRBIWRBI Posts: 1 New member
    RichardL said:

Snippets are stored within SQL Prompt itself as a part of SSMS and so this isn't possible or needed. 

You can always check the documentation pages and can search for specific terms in there if you need to find any further information.
    As per your second point, the documentation does say that you change the location of snippets and/or settings, direct link:

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp9/managing-sql-prompt-behavior/changing-the-location-of-the-settings-and-snippet-folders

In regards to *needed* - I agree it's not needed, however, it's a good feature that allows everyone in a team to connect to the same snippets/settings thus ensuring everyone is working the same way (if that's the way someones company works).

Dave.