SQL Search not working, not connecting

HrvojeHrvoje Posts: 9 New member
I am using SSMS v17.6 and newest SQL Search. It shows the server but not databases.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PF_HLPF_HL Posts: 1 New member
    I had the same issue when I was connected using Active Directory Authentication. Using SQL Server Authentication solved it.
  • Not using AD in my case is not an option.  I've upgraded to the version posted here, and it still just gives me the same blank tab, not working
  • But, I will note, concocting an SQL account, and using it did work, it's just not an acceptable solution.
  • Random LengthsRandom Lengths Posts: 43 Bronze 2
    edited April 24, 2018 11:23PM
    I found an error message in your logs:

Error Number:-2146893019,State:0,Class:20
    24 Apr 2018 16:17:43.219 [1] ERROR RedGate.SQLSearch.Addin.Tab.DatabaseConnector - Could not load database list
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

It seems that if I use an AD account, and select Encrypt the connection, and Trust Certificate (it's self-signed in our case) then SQL Search fails.  If I turn off the encryption in the connection it works.