Options

Error when trying to create a baseline

danielp37danielp37 Posts: 1 New member
edited March 30, 2018 2:36PM in ReadyRoll
I am running version 1.16.18088.9228 of ReadRoll Core in Visual Studio and when I try to create a new project and baseline it on an existing database, I get the following error:

Message = An error occurred while deploying the script. Output from SQL Server follows.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Sqlcmd: 'G': Unknown Option. Enter '-?' for help.
Data = System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException = RedGate.Versioning.Core.SqlCommandExecution.DeploymentException: An error occurred while deploying the script. Output from SQL Server follows.

---------------------------------------------------------------
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.SqlCommandExecution.Logging.SqlCmdLogger.ReportError(String projectFolderPath)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.SqlCommandExecution.SqlCmdExecutor.ExecuteSqlCmdScript(IConnProperties connProperties, String projectFolderPath, FileInfo cmdFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseSync.MarkAsDeployedService.MarkAsDeployed(ScriptGenerationInfo scriptGenerationInfo, IConnProperties sandboxDatabaseProperties, Boolean imported)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.InitialSetup.InitialSetupPerformer.MarkAsDeployedIfNeeded(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, DatabaseConnectionInfo devDbConnectionInfo)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.InitialSetup.InitialSetupPerformer.Run(DatabaseConnectionInfo targetDbConnInfo, DatabaseConnectionInfo devDbConnInfo, IDatabaseProject databaseProject, String databaseProjectFilePath)
TargetSite = Void Run(ReadyRoll.Ui.Contracts.Connections.DatabaseConnectionInfo, ReadyRoll.Ui.Contracts.Connections.DatabaseConnectionInfo, RedGate.Versioning.Core.VersioningProject.IDatabaseProject, System.String)
StackTrace =    at RedGate.Versioning.Client.InitialSetup.InitialSetupPerformer.Run(DatabaseConnectionInfo targetDbConnInfo, DatabaseConnectionInfo devDbConnInfo, IDatabaseProject databaseProject, String databaseProjectFilePath)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VisualStudio.GettingStartedWizard.VisualStudioInitialSetupCompletionDispatcher.PerformInitialSetup()
HelpLink = 
Source = RedGate.Versioning.Client.InitialSetup
HResult = -2146233088

I can't figure out what's wrong.  Can anybody help?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    edited April 3, 2018 6:52AM
    From a quick look at the log, it appears as though ReadyRoll is attempting to perform the baseline using a version of the SqlCmd utility that does not support Azure Active Directory Authentication.

To resolve, try upgrading to SQL Server Command Line Utilities 14.0 (note that both x86 and x64 versions are required) and then restart Visual Studio.

Sorry for the inconvenience. For reference, the issue is likely to do with the fact that Visual Studio 2017 Core itself ships with an older version of SqlCmd (11.0). As part of the standalone distribution of ReadyRoll, we do include a version that does support Azure AD auth (13.1), but the version that ships with Visual Studio itself may need revising.

If, on the other hand, you continue to experience errors, please let me know so we can troubleshoot the issue further.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software