Options

Why is "Automatically reconnect restored tabs" still not working?

HrvojeHrvoje Posts: 9 New member
This is still not working.
I have SSMS v17.6 and SQL Prompt v9.1.4.4532.

Instead of reconnecting he prompts me with connection window in which there are different username and pass, not the one that was used previously for that tab. It seems like he is clashing with the SSMS functionality.

Functionality for automatic reconnect is very much desired, otherwise, you need to copy the content of all open tabs to new tabs with the connection, or reconnect manually in which case you need to reenter username and pass.

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @Hrvoje

Thanks for your post. 

Please try the latest version below. 

http://ftp//support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLPrompt/28Mar2018/SQLPrompt_9.1.5.4619.exe

Do let us know how you get on and send us a ticket providing as much information as you can - screenshots of any errors, log files etc – so we can help you as fast as possible.

If you're not covered by a Support contract at the moment, email our Sales team at sales@red-gate.com, and they'll be able to help. 

Best

Richard Lynch. 

Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    HrvojeHrvoje Posts: 9 New member
    edited March 30, 2018 6:59PM
    Nothing has changed. "Connect to Server" pops up just like before. Have I misunderstood this feature?
    "If you're using SQL Server authentication, you need to select Remember password on the Connect to Server dialog box. If you don't, SQL Prompt won't be able to reconnect your tabs automatically."
    Based on that it should work. Even if I choose the right login from the Login drop-down and click the connect it connects the Object Explorer (even if it weren't any connections in Object Explorer prior closing of SSMS)  not the connection for the tab and even after that if I execute something in the tab and again click connect on another Connect to Server it does not choose the last chosen database for that tab, it connects to master. Point of such a feature is to help you continue where you left off as if SSMS hadn't been closed at all. The closing of SSMS shouldn't be a reason for losing your work and session. If I want to end it or close it I should do that by closing tabs, not the SSMS.