Options

Is there a way to temporarily turn off filters?

swrobbinsswrobbins Posts: 3 New member
edited March 14, 2018 7:27PM in SQL Source Control
The filter option is really useful but there doesn't seem to be a way to see what is filtered (other than the count that is displayed -- '45 objects are excluded by your filter.', for example). It would be nice to be able to toggle the filter on and off easily to see the filtered and not filtered list. Is there already a way to do this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

There isn't an option to quickly remove filters at the moment in SQL Source Control.

To achieve what you want you could use SQL Compare Pro: start a comparison using Source Control as the source and then on the comparison screen click on the funnel icon (filter) and on the filter dropdown list select "Nothing excluded".

Thank you,

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @swrobbins

Thanks for your post. 

If you are using the current version of Source Control then the option is there under 'Edit Filter Rules' as shown in my screenshot below. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Thanks for the response Richard but what I want/need is a way to toggle between NO filters and the filters that I have set. By toggling to NO filters I would be able to see what was filtered. With the existing functionality it's hard for me to figure out what is being filtered and why.
  • Options
    That's an excellent option. Thanks!