Options

This commit doesn't meet the server's policy requirements...

We have a SQL Server database linked to TFS using SQL Source Control. A new developer successfully linked his development database to the same repository, but when he tries to commit his changes.:

This commit doesn't meet the server's policy requirements, or the policy isn't configured on your machine. The server returned the following: Internal error in Changeset comments policy...

I confirmed that a comment is being provided for the commit.

We are using the latest version of SQL Source Control along with SSMS 2017.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @tomslickers

This looks like a question that one of Support engineers will need to investigate for you.

If you've a got support contract, please send us a ticket. Provide as much information as you can - screenshots of any errors, log files etc – so we can help you as fast as possible.
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    mmrajesh1970mmrajesh1970 Posts: 0 New member
    This commit doesn't meet the server's policy requirements, or the policy isn't configured on your machine. The server returned the following:
    Internal error in Changeset Comments Policy. Error loading the Changeset Comments Policy policy (The policy assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.PowerTools.CheckinPolicies.ChangesetComments, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' is not registered.). Installation instructions: 

not able to commit change into my TFS
  • Options
    mmrajesh1970mmrajesh1970 Posts: 0 New member
    This commit doesn't meet the server's policy requirements, or the policy isn't configured on your machine. The server returned the following:
    Internal error in Changeset Comments Policy. Error loading the Changeset Comments Policy policy (The policy assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.PowerTools.CheckinPolicies.ChangesetComments, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' is not registered.). Installation instructions: 

not able to commit change into my TFS