Options

How can I deploy cross database dependent objects using DLM automation with Teamcity?

I have a database with cross dependent objects(objects on different DB, but on same server). While deploying with Teamcity using Redgate DLM Automation Build as Runner type and Temporary database server as SQLLocal DB faces issues. How can I resolve this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    deepsdeeps Posts: 10 New member
    Thank you for the answer. Can we use SQL local DB as the temporary database server in that case?
  • Options
    AlexYatesAlexYates Posts: 264 Rose Gold 2
    edited February 22, 2018 2:27PM
    If you don't include the temporary database switch it uses localDB on the agent as the defualt! ;-P

I guess the question is will your references resolve properly from local DB to the dependent databases. (e.g. if you used three part names - db.schema.table) then those dbs will also need to exist on localdb.
    Alex Yates
    DevOps Mentor and Coach

Director of DLM Consultants
    Creator of Speaking Mentors
    Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Friend of Redgate
    Twitter / LinkedIn
  • Options
    abozaaboza Posts: 1 New member
    edited July 20, 2018 7:13PM
    OP, were you able to get this working? I'm using VSTS, and I have built the referenced databse in MSSQLLocalDB on the build server, and I have selected "SQL LocalDB" as my "Temporary Server Type" in the RedGate SQL Change Automation build step, but the automated build of my referencing database is still failing with "Invalid object name..."