Options

Recent versions bugs

Hi, I have been using NET Reflector (last version) for many years now. I use it on big datasets, like ~400 assemblies. It used to work fine until around last year, but now, the 9.2 and also the 9.3 are quite buggy:

* It can hang forever when I search for something
* InvalidOperationException
* NullReferenceException
* Once it hits an error, all bets are usually off
* etc.

There does not seem to be a way to send you the errors like there was in the past.
Are you aware of these problems? When are you going to fix them?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    We're aware of a couple of these issues and are investigating them.

I'm not sure we've tested it on 400 assemblies to be honest, but I wouldn't be surprised really that this slows the program down somewhat. I'll look into that though.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    SMourierSMourier Posts: 2 New member
    The 400 assemblies is irrelevant to the issues. They appear on smaller sets of assemblies. I see there is a version 10 out there, but that can't be used with version 9 registration key. Does that mean you are going to let the version 9.3 just as it (ie: full of bugs)?
  • Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited February 14, 2018 11:16AM
    Ok, other than critical security flaws its very unlikely that we will backport work to older branches, so in most circumstances the work going forward will be on version 10.

Obviously any bugs that were discovered in version 9 and still affect version 10 will be investigated.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?