Options

NOT RESOLVED: SQL Data Compare Issue: 2000 vs. 2005

robvonrobvon Posts: 7
I have the same issue but there is more to it. I have done a schema compare to ensure the DB's are the same (enough anyway). I ignore some changes from tinyint to int and some tables I have changed.

Only a MANUAL mapping can be done. Every table (and I'm talking the IDENTICAL TABLES as per schema) has to be hand selected to match the table which is always next in the list.

The REALLY ANNOYING THING is that every time you go to edit the project it throws the mappings away. Grrrrr. Even if you save the project and try to reload it. Interestingly there is no "Load Project" option....

ALSO, once in the comparison phase I cant set a where clause so that subsequent comparisons always do the whole lot even though you KNOW that 90+% are ok based on the PK being seeded which I could place in a where clause....

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Would it be possible to let us know what version of SQL Data Compare you are using? This will make it easier for us to reproduce your issue and suggest workarounds, if possible.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Version 7.1.0.245

Only grabbed it last week.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Compare a 2000 syncing to a 2005 version of db's with a few minor schema variations. Most tables are identical. Run it, save it etc then start SQL Compare again so it reloads the project

2. Click compare now from the "Comparison Projects" form. Mappings are gone.

3. Where clause is ALSO gone. Didn't spot that before.

This happens without having to stop and restart as per first post - I just thought this was a clean path to reproduce

Regards

Rob
  • Options
    This is problem SDC-857, which we fixed after 7.1.0.245 had gone out. You can contact support@red-gate.com for the updated version with the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(The where clause issue might be a seperate problem - we had some trouble with where clauses starting with certain strings. If you still have where clause problems after you've got the patched version, we'll look into that for you.)
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    The fix version for this issue is 7.2.0.4. If you would like it, please email support@red-gate.com
    Chris