Options

Configured Snippets folder not used

OddvarOddvar Posts: 2 New member
edited January 9, 2018 10:59PM in SQL Prompt
Using SQL Prompt Pro 9.0.2.3223 / SSMS 17.4, new snippets as well as changes to existing ones, are saved in the default folder (C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9\Snippets) despite "Snippet manager" settings having been set to a different folder. Am I missing something here? I have double checked the registry entry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9) and its value is that of the changed configuration.

I have used SQL Prompt for years, but we're about start using a library of corporate templates as snippets, and a nice feature would have been if the folders (the default one and the one configured here) were synchronised (e.g. based on the files' time stamp). This would allow having a central repository of snippets for the corporate standard templates (with changes automatically deployed to the developers), as well as allowing each developer to have their own set of snippets in the default folder.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @Oddvar,

Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I am having trouble reproducing the issue as I can use two folders:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9\Snippets
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9\Snippets2
    And the snippets update when switching between them.

Is that the same scenario as you are trying to achieve? Does that work for you?

Would it be possible to post the central repository of snippets as a feature request with some more description on our UserVoice forum? That will allow other users to vote so we can gauge the popularity of a request.

UserVoice forum

Best,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor