Options

Don't get intellisense due to login error. Why?

rgelbrgelb Posts: 45 Bronze 4
edited January 9, 2018 10:45PM in SQL Prompt
I get intellisense for every other server in the enterprise, except for this one. The SqlPrompt/Help/Show Log menu yields the error below.

I can login to the box fine in SSMS and can run queries no problem. The only issue is that there is no intellisense.
What am I missing here?

SQL Server version: Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM) - 14.0.1000.169 (X64) Aug 22 2017 17:04:49 Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition: Core-based Licensing (64-bit) on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 10.0 <X64> (Build 14393: ) (Hypervisor)

SQL Prompt Version: 8.0.7.1917

The interesting thing is that if I remove the port number from the connection string, it functions correctly.
09 Jan 2018 22:30:48,959 [41] WARN  RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate - Failed to load server RWX-SQL-OC2-P1A\RWXSQLOC2P1,50561
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.IsContainedOrRestrictedDatabase(ConnectionProperties cp)
   at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.LoadDatabaseContainment()
   at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.LoadServer()
ClientConnectionId:6e51940f-27d2-4328-b3b2-c552fe7dc730
Error Number:-2146893019,State:0,Class:20

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @rgelb,

Thanks for getting in touch. We've done a number of releases since 8.0.7, so the latest version 9.0.6 may work better for you.

Would it be possible to update to the latest version SQL Prompt 9.0.6?

Download SQL Prompt 9.0.6

Please let us know if the intellisense issues persist and will try to investigate further.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • Options
    rgelbrgelb Posts: 45 Bronze 4
    Would it be possible to update to the latest version SQL Prompt 9.0.6?

Unfortunately, I do not have the license to do so. However, a colleague of mine found a workaround. Add TrustServerCertificate=True to the Additional Connection Parameters tab in the Connect to Server dialog.