Options

Suggestions are not working after Visual Studio updating

RuslanRuslan Posts: 2 New member
Hello.
I have an issue with SQL Prompt Core suggestions loading after VS Enterprise 2017 update to 15.5.2.
I had the same issue with last update of visual Studio. I had to completely reinstall Visual Studio for suggestions fix. Now I have the same issue after VS update and this bug interrupt my working process again.
I reinstalled VS and SQL Prompt Core extension but suggestions still are not loading. I checked settings and all check boxes are checked.
zstjprxaprvn.jpg

Please provide me some information about this issue. And how to fix it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    v_namoyev_namoye Posts: 1 New member
    edited February 28, 2018 2:00PM
    I have the same issue of the suggestions not loading. I have the latest version, 9.1.0.4138, of the core product that comes with VS2017. I use a SSDT project with all of my data base code in it but I still need to open a query window to other databases to verify data or when building some select statements.
    I don't want the suggestions to come from my SSDT project want them to come from the database that I connected the query window to, but it seams as long as I have an SSDT project open SQL prompt is useless. Or I need to open a separate copy of VS 2017, which is a resource hog, in order to get the suggestions. Why not give the user a choice to disable SQL Prompt in favor of the regular SSDT autocomplete instead of forcing it. One reason I started using VS and SQL prompt was that the regular intellisense rarely worked in SSMS when connecting to our remote servers.
  • Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @v_namoye

Thanks for joining and for your post.

You can always make suggestions on our SQL Prompt Uservoice page in the link below so that ideas can be considered for future development.

https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt

Kind regards
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software