Set the windows user?

Is there anyway to have the profiler run as/under a certain user? I can not profile my applications because we use this "HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name" to get the user name. Its an internal application run on our intranet server, runs fine outside of profiler...

I'm running the profiler on my local machine right now, and logged in as myself (who has permissions)...but that line above is not grabbing my user name within profiler.

Comments

• I guess that wasn't my issue. I set it up to run through IIS instead of web development server and it worked fine.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Mark,

You're probably using Windows Authentication on your website, so under development web server, the Identity Name is probably always going to the the ASPNET account, since the development web server does not support impersonation.

As far as I know, when you want a web application to acces resources using the credentials of the user making the request, this requres the web server to support impersonation of the user who is accessing the website through the web browser.

Profiling the website hosted in IIS would surely solve that, but I think you could also try reconfiguring the ASP .NET process model to use your login, although that's going to be inconvenient.