Options

Red Gate's SQL Toolbelt or Quest's Toad for SQL Server?

HI,

We are assessing trial renditions of Red Gate's SQL Toolbelt and Quest Software's Toad for SQL Server. What is the principle contrasts between these apparatuses? The advantages of utilizing these devices are very evident however we are pondering which one is more reasonable for a designer and improvement work? Is Toad for SQL Server more centered around DBA work?

Thanks
Sivanagamahesh

Answers

• Options
    This is a very reductive explanation but just to get you started...

Red-Gate toolbelt = embedded inside SQL Server Management Studio
    Toad for Sql Server = a completely separate IDE

If you have a team of SQL Server developers that have been using SSMS for years and are comfortable with it, they will be able to integrate and pick-up Red-Gates tools very quickly.

If you have a team of Oracle developers who have all been using TOAD for years and you are migrating to SQL Server, you will probably find this will ease the transition.

If you have a team of Oracle developers who have all been Oracle SQL Developer for years and you are migrating to SQL Server, Red-Gate again would be the better choice.

Just so you are aware, I only started using Toad a few months ago against Oracle. It has a lot of features but I hated the cluttered interface and millions of buttons so I switched to Oracle Sql Developer.

I would start off concentrating on red gate SQL Prompt and spend some time watching the short training videos on youtube.