SQL Priompt 7 menu not showing up in SQL Server 2014

SSwanySSwany Posts: 1 New member
What can I look at to figure out the issue. Is there a redgate install log file ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @SSwany!

If SQL Prompt installs successfully (despite it not showing up in SSMS), I unfortunately don't think the install log will contain much helpful detail. : / I think the best thing would be to reinstall, making sure to first clear out any old/corrupted files that might be stuck on the machine, as that's likely causing this.

Can you kindly:

1) Close any running instances of SSMS
    2) Open Programs and Features
    3) Uninstall SQL Prompt 7
    4) Uninstall the "SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1" if it still exists
    5) Delete the following if they still exist:
    - the folder c:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SIPFw
    - the folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 8
    - RedGate.SIPFramework.AddIn from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\12.0\Addins
    - RedGate.SQLPrompt.SSMSUI.2014.AddIn files from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\12.0\Addins
    6) Reboot your machine
    7) Reinstall SQL Prompt 7 (this should also reinstall the "SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1", and repopulate the files deleted above)
    8) Run SSMS to check if the issues remain

I hope that helps but please let us know if not!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Hello Jessica, 

I have followed the above steps and still not able to see the SQL Prompt menu option in both Visual Studio 2015 and in SQL Server 2014.

Win 10 OS, Redgate_SQLToolbelt_1.8.2.857v

Expect SQL prompt 7v other components are working fine, when activating my license, I could see the license is for SQL Prompt v9(SQL Prompt_v9_0). Is this an issue?
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @Murali_Krishna,

So sorry for the delayed response! If you are still running into this and have a supported license, can you kindly email support@red-gate.com to open a ticket so that we may troubleshoot through there?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?