Options

How do I specify installation path for SQLToolbelt?

I have tried /PATH "I:\RedGate\", with and without final backslash.
I always get back message "Insufficient space on drive C:. 2Gb required".
This is on Win2008R2Sp1 64 bit.
Thanks in advance, Jeff
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    sam.blackburnsam.blackburn Posts: 224 Gold 2
    We've done some digging and can see what you mean now - it looks like a disk space check is performed before you get to the page where you specify an install location! We'll take a look at this in the next phase of our installer work.

The disk space check is performed on the drive in which the installer's temporary files are placed. You can override this with the "temp" switch (described at https://documentation.red-gate.com/xx/installing/installer-command-line-reference) so I think the command you need is:
    sqltoolbelt.exe temp "I:\RedGate\"

Software Developer
    Redgate Software

Answers

• Options
    If you're running the Toolbelt installer interactively, there should be a page (after you accept the EULA) which allows you to change the installation directory for each product you choose to install. However, you shouldn't need as much as 2GB of free space to install the Toolbelt. Could you send us a screenshot of this error so we can work out where it's coming from?

flzhjp49wkxa.png
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    The first message I get is:
    3g2bo4rpx2er.png
    and then I get:
    pidizr79av62.png

I assume the first message is because the server doesn't have Internet access.

It sounds like my problem is that I don't have an interactive install package.

Thanks for your help,
    Jeff
  • Options
    Any word on this @sam.blackburn? I would really like to get this resolved. Is there somewhere that I can download an interactive installer for SQL Toolbelt? or a switch of the .exe that I have downloaded? Thanks
  • Options
    Those screenshots look like a fairly old version of the Toolbelt installer - would you be able to try the latest version?

Additionally, you should be able to access the log files by clicking the icon in the top left corner of the window.

Hope this helps!
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    No, I am afraid that doesn't help. I downloaded it from your site on December 8, a week ago. How do I get the latest version if not from the download button that says "Download Trial". I signed up for it (at https://www.red-gate.com/dynamic/products/sql-development/sql-toolbelt/download), created this forum account and have sought help or documentation on it. Is there another link to your site that includes the latest version?

I didn't find any response regarding logs to clicking the icon in the top left corner. I did find "About SQL Toolbelt" and it says it is version 2.0.1.2193 and the copyright notice has 2007 - 2017. The package was signed on December 7, 2017 with a Comodo certification good through Jan 2019.

Does this help? Please let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    That did the trick. The final backslash should be left out though. Thanks!