Connection dialog window freezes, doesn't close upon clicking OK

AsifAsif Posts: 3 Bronze 1
Visual studio enterprise 2015 and Ready roll pro is installed on my dev machine. Database projects build successfully without any errors. I click "Set the target database connection string for this project", then I choose database name and click OK nothing happens, connection dialog box doesn't close upon clicking OK but it closes when I click Cancel.
See attached: 5esz9k2onpd9.jpg
Tagged:

Answers

• I'm sorry to hear that you're running into a problem with the connection dialog. Would you mind trying the following:

1. Open the project designer (right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties)
    2. Switch to the Debug tab and under Target Connection String, click Edit...
    3. When the connection dialog appears, select the desired db

Are you able to click OK at this point?
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • AsifAsif Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    edited November 8, 2017 9:20PM
    Thanks @dnlnln for your response. I see below error when I clicked Debug
    l0kikxldc8ut.png
  • Thank you for posting the error details, that's quite an unusual one!

Would you mind trying the following to see if the problem can be reproduced with the standard Visual Studio SQL Server Database Projects (SSDT):

1. Close the solution.
    2. If the ReadyRoll windows are still open, close them
    3. Close VS and re-launch
    4. Create new project, SQL Server, SQL Server Database Project
    5. Open the project designer to the Debug tab. Does the error occur at this point?
    6. Create new project, SQL Server, ReadyRoll SQL Server Database Project
    7. Open the project designer to the Debug tab. Does the error occur again?
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • AsifAsif Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    Hi @dnlnln
    Same error with either of new project
    New Sql server project:
    8rluukb62dxt.png

New RR project:
    03m8bfi1fic1.png

Thanks
  • Judging by the results, unfortunately it seems like there could be a broader issue with the underlying database project system (SSDT).

To confirm this, please try uninstalling ReadyRoll and repeating steps 1-5. If the error still occurs, then the issue is likely to be an issue with the Visual Studio installation itself.

Try updating SSDT to the latest version:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssdt/download-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt

If it still doesn't work, then you may need to raise the issue with SSDT support:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=ssdt
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software