Options

SQL Source Control Support for Azure SQL database

Hi, I am trying to setup SQL source control for Azure SQL database, however I don't seem to have permission to the "master" database. Is there something special I need to setup?

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    To validate this works, I just connected an Azure SQL Database to my Team Foundation Services source control. Everything ought to work.

Make sure you have the latest version. I think some of the older versions had a problem with Azure.
  • Options
    Rob_NguyenRob_Nguyen Posts: 1 New member
    I am running SQL Source Control 6.1.8. I'm trying to link an Azure database to my TFS but I'm getting an error: SQL Source Control can't access this database. Make sure the database is online and you have permission to access it.

I'm running SQL v17 with Redgate and I can connect to the server and database in question. I just cannot setup the link with source control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Karsten63Karsten63 Posts: 2 New member
    edited February 28, 2019 12:23PM
    That's exactly what happens to me!
    Same error: "SQL Source Control can't access this database. Make sure the database is online and you have permission to access it."

I'm running SSMS V17.9.1 with SQL Source Control 7.0.6.8775.

Please give us some advice, which permissions are needed to set up source control on an Azure SQL Database..
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    I'll just re-iterate that this isn't supported by SOC, but you may be able to get this working with a SQL user.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    BrijeetBrijeet Posts: 1 New member
    Is this still an outstanding issue with SQL Source Control? I am running into the same issues trying to get an Azure SQL Database into Source Control. I am on the current version (7.1.12). does this not support the AzureAD Integrated authentication? SQL Prompt has no issues working with it.