razraz Posts: 2
edited December 11, 2008 9:27AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
SQL Prompt version 3.9.0.43
SQL Express 2005
SQL Express Management Studio
SQL Framework 3.5
Windows XP Pro SP2

Hi,

I had the following crash whilst editing some SQL source code in SQL Express management studio. I was not doing anything out of the ordinary with the editor; I was simply in the middle of typing a query. I haven't managed to reproduce it in half an hour of trying. The application looped with a message box from the .NET framework containing this error. Pressing 'Continue' merely caused the box to disappear and then immediately re-appear. I had to kill the Management Studio instance in order to re-gain control. I can supply a full list of the loaded modules associated with the application if required.

Regards
David Razzetti

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at EnvDTE.EditPoint.GetText(Object PointOrCount)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Editor.VSScriptProvider.GetText(CaretPosition start, CaretPosition end)
at cE.a(CaretPosition , CaretPosition , CaretPosition , TextReader , Boolean )
at cE..ctor(cN lines, cQ model, CaretPosition current, CaretPosition parseBlockBegin, CaretPosition nextParseBlock)
at cE..ctor(cN lines, cQ model, CaretPosition current, CaretPosition parseBlockBegin)
at cE..ctor(cN lines, cQ model, CaretPosition current)
at cQ.set_CaretPosition(CaretPosition value)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.SqlPromptEngine.set_CaretPosition(CaretPosition value)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.SqlPromptEngine.HoverPrompt(CaretPosition caret)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Editor.EditorWindowBase.a(EditorViewBase , CaretPosition )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Editor.EditorViewBase.a(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at av.a(MouseEventArgs )
at av.a(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem now and then. Can't reproduce it either.

SQL Prompt version 3.9.0.43
    SQL Enterprise 2005
    SQL Management Studio 2008
    Net Framework 3.5 SP1
    Windows Vista SP1 32bit
  • Options
    I usually crash while the cache is being updated. I've also experienced problems with
    if object_id('tempdb..#tmpTbl') is null
       create table #tmpTbl

While the cursor is in the quotes SQL Prompt notices the different database and tries to re-cache while also having other databases in the cache.
    I want to be unique, just like everyone else.