Options

Table of Uncommitted Objects

Is there a table of uncommitted Objects that I can use to send a report to developers to commit there work?

Comments

• Options
    Hi @Pat,
    are you speaking about SQL Source Control and git versioning? When you save the objects, you will see in uncommitted status using git/team explorer. Are you thinking about a tab into SSMS before sending objects to git? You've already the Push/Pull button right now.
    Did I get it?
    Alessandro Alpi
    CTO @ Engage IT Services s.r.l.
    Database Administrator and Team Leader
    Microsoft MVP - Data Platform
    Staff member of getlatestversion.it community
    personal website | blog
  • Options
    AlexYatesAlexYates Posts: 264 Rose Gold 2
    Assuming you are using shared model and that you are looking at the objects listed in the commit tab. If that assumption is incorrect please disregard the rest of this answer an clarify.

Short answer: No. This list is calculated by comparing dev database to source control and the info about who committed what is pulled from he default trace.

Longer answer: You could set up an automated SQL Compare job using SQL Compare command line to create a report of the differences between source control and dev database, but this will not have info about who made what changes unless you also cross-reference with default trace, which sounds hard.

My recommendation: Switch to the dedicated model. Then this problem probably mostly goes away.
    Alex Yates
    DevOps Mentor and Coach

Director of DLM Consultants
    Creator of Speaking Mentors
    Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Friend of Redgate
    Twitter / LinkedIn