SQL Source Control - setting up for the first time - permissions issues

Hi, I'm trying to commit a database to SQL Source Control 5.7, but getting an error message "SQL Source Control can't access the database. Make sure the database is online and you have permission to access it" This is my first time using SQL Source Control.
I have SSMC 2016, and am connecting to an SQL 2014 instance. The database is online and I can view it ion SSMC no problem. I am DBOwner, and have just had the DBAs give me a login for the tempDB. Interestingly, when clicking on the TempDB I get the "Link this database to source control" screen, but only an error message when I select the user database that I need.
What other permissions do I need?
Tagged:

Comments

• The necessary permissions are documented here, but dbo ought to be sufficient. If you have the permissions listed in the documentation and this error still occurs, it would be worth looking in the logs to see if there are any relevant errors. The logs can be found in
    %LocalAppData%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Source Control

This problem is likely to be specific to your environment, so if the logs don't help, you might need to contact support (https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) to investigate further.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • HelenHelen Posts: 6 Bronze 1
    Thank you. I restarted SSMC and got a bit further, so I think it had not picked up the new permissions. Then I also needed View Server State on Master, despite not having any encrypted objects, but all is now working correctly, and I have successfully committed the database objects. Thanks again.