Support For Replicated Database Deployment

ChrisMChrisM Posts: 10 New member
I have replicated live and test environments for which I would like to be able to create scripts for deployment. As for our development environments, this is non-replicated as would be the case for most development teams. In order to perform an error-free deployment I realise that the scripts created by the Octopus Deploy plug-in will have to be checked and amended by the deployment team as I don't think it's reasonable for the off the shelf plug-in to cater for all of our database's particular foibles and create certain statements to make replication work. However, there are a couple of things that would be useful to be able to create automatically and I can't see how to do them. These are:
1. I would like to be able to create separate scripts for creating, amending and dropping tables. Currently I can specify which tables I am interested in in the scpf file, but not the operation. In order to deploy table changes to a replicated environment the add, alter and drop operations need to be done in a very specific order.
2. I would like to be able to create a script where just indexes are included. This is for creating, altering and dropping indexes in the database. I can't see any option in the scpf file to specify indexes and the only way at the moment is to search through the output .sql file looking for index changes and copying them to a separate script.

Thanks,
Chris.