Reflector 9.2 has been released

Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
edited October 9, 2018 1:00PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
This release adds extension support for Visual Studio 2017.

At this moment you can only obtain the extension for Visual Studio 2017 through the Visual Studio Gallery. This is due to an issue with the Wix installer not supporting Visual Studio 2017 yet.

Please note that if you installed the VS2017 extension beta, you will need to remove that before installing this release.

Also, due to changes in signing technology for VS Extensions, we can no longer support Visual Studio 2010, 2012 or 2013.
Have you visited our Help Centre?
Tagged:

Comments

• RichardDRichardD Posts: 50 Bronze 3
    What's happened to the option to not install the Visual Studio extension? I only want the desktop application, but I can't install the update unless I close Visual Studio.
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited August 18, 2017 11:36AM
    The option is in the installer by just unticking the box:

t3hjlhvr7y0e.png

I've also just tested the installer with VS open (and the VS extension not ticked) and it installs fine. What are you seeing?

Just thought, you've already got the extension installed and the installers trying to update it?
  • RichardDRichardD Posts: 50 Bronze 3
    That option isn't available when you install the 9.2 update from the "Check for updates" option in the desktop application.

The only option is to specify the directories where the application and the extension will be installed. The installer then insists that "devenv" must be closed before it can continue.
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited August 18, 2017 12:13PM
    Yep I've confirmed with the Installer team that this is unfortunately just how the installer works at present I'm afraid. It's on the backlog to look into but its not currently a priority.