Options

SQL Prompt 8 and SQL Server 2008 R2

Hey all,

My company recently brought licenses for the SQL Prompt 8, i did have a previous trial version installed. When i run the install for the license version my SQL Management Studio is not showing SQL Prompt 8 installed...

I have tried the CMD Prompt commands to deactivate any instance that may still be installed on my machine but that is not working...

My SQL Management Studio I have installed is 2008 R2 and to note, my Visual Studio version has updated correctly, the issue seems to be getting SQL Prompt 8 installed for Management Studio

Does anyone know of any other tricks/commands I can try to get my license version installed?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi @rversace,

Thanks for your post. SQL Prompt no longer supports SSMS 2008 R2 and earlier, however it can still connect to SQL Server 2000 and above. You can see our full list of requirements for more details.

Microsoft provides the latest version of SSMS 2017 for free so we would definitely recommend upgrading to that then repeating the installation of SQL Prompt.

Please get in touch if you have any trouble and we will try to help out :smile:

Best,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor